Bellechester City Council Meeting
Goodhue County Board of Equalization @ 5:00
April 27, 2023 @ 5:30PM
Goodhue County Board of Equalization Meeting was called to order by Mayor Jody Gordon at 5:03 p.m.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Jody Gordon, Council people Rich Majerus, Kyle Blattner, Mark Gerken, Jered Buxengard as well as City Clerk Lisa Redepenning. Treasurer Kyle McKeown and City Engineer Matt Mohs where absent. Julie Walker, Becca and Lavon Augustine from Goodhue County were present as well as residents Jim Perotti and Ron Kahl and Rich Arendt were also present.
Lavon Augustine went over house sales in Bellechester and spoke about the ratios and what the county needs to do to follow the law. Economical circumstances and market fluctuations have affected. Ron Kahl, Jim Perotti, and Rich Arendt and raised questions about their assessment.
Motion was made by Jered Buxengard with a 2nd by Kyle Blattner to vote no change for presented questioned values and have Goodhue County followup. Motion carried.
Board of equalization meeting was adjourned at 5:55.
Regular City Council Meeting was called to order by Mayor Jody Gordon at 5:56 p.m
Minutes of the March 16, 2023 meeting were reviewed and motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second by Jered Buxengard to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed and a motion by Mark Gerken with a second by Jered Buxengard to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
• Sewer Grant – Engineering Memo was presented by Matt Mohs recapping the meeting Rich and Matt went to Lake City to discuss with them water meters. They recommended 2 brands to us. One more easement is left to do. Rochester plumbing will be updated on trailer house meters solution.
• Water Meter Ordinance - review/make changes – discussion was on trailer house installation, damage fees and how installed as well as meters needing to be installed in heated area of dwelling and approach to future replacement of trailer houses.
• Ball Fields – use and outdoor portable bathroom – discuss. There was a request for field use for this summer. The field area needs to be ready for this. We will get schedule of usage.
• Cty Roads 16 & 2 Cleaning – discuss. When spring road cleaning is done, water will also be requested to keep dust down. Elevator property was discussed, relating to dust complaints from residents. 2nd Street has cracks forming – will also be addressed with county.
• Easement check – discuss. We need to file all the easements with the 2 counties. $138 to Goodhue County and $322 to Wabasha County. Motion was made by Mark Gerken with a 2nd by Jered Buxengard to approve the paying of easements and notary. Motion carried.
• Notary pay – discuss. Notary was needed for easements at a cost of $40.
• SMIF – Donation Request – discuss. Council decided against donation.
Engineer Report – None
Clerk Report – New signage will be installed next week. Interim Financing – check was deposited on April 18 - $160,950.00. I will begin to compile invoices and make transfer.
Treasurer Report – None
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report – Plumber has not yet re-plumbed the pump house to address the leak issue.
Mayor Concerns: Community garden in ice rink area was discussed.
Council Concerns: None
Motion was made by Jered Buxengard with a second by Kyle Blattner to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 6:44.
Submitted by Lisa Redepenning – City Clerk
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here